Last Updated on 3 months by Mike Steffens
There are a number of the miter saw available in the market. And all of the models are unique in functionality. However, when you think of a bevel cut, then double bevel compound miter saw is the best one for you.
But you know before purchasing a new one, you have to make sure about the functionality, benefits, and drawbacks of the saw. I guess you are here to enrich your knowledge about the double bevel compound miter saw. Right?
In fact, every professional woodworker prefers a double bevel compound miter saw. Because it is an improved version of the traditional compound miter saw and you can get more accuracy in cutting with it.
In this article, I will try to give you a complete idea about what is a double bevel compound miter saw for your convenience.
So, why late? Let’s dive in.
What’s a double bevel compound miter saw?
A double bevel compound miter saw comes with a unique design that allows you to cut a workpiece from different degrees without any limitations. Even, you don’t need to flip the workpiece when you use it and you can easily tilt the saw to both directions such as right and left.
The blade is attached to the base of the saw and you have the opportunity to lower the saw head to get the actual cut that you need. It’s one type of compound saw that is suitable for the people who regularly deal with complex projects.
You know if you are a beginner and want to make a bevel cut to your workpiece, then a double bevel compound miter saw is the best one for you.
What double bevel means?
If you are a newbie and don’t have enough knowledge about the bevel cut, then let me describe it to you. The term double bevel means you can cut your workpiece from both directions.
Note that you don’t need to flip the workpiece if you use a double bevel compound miter saw. Just twist the position of the saw and you will get your desired perfect cut.
How to operate
If you don’t have enough knowledge on how to operate a double bevel compound miter saw, then it will be a worthless tool to you. So, to get an accurate cut like professionals, follow the step by step process outlined below.
Steps to get an accurate cut:
Step #1: Install The Upper Miter Box
Before operating the saw, wear proper safety equipment to save you from any kind of unwanted accidents. Install the upper miter box of the saw. Slide the miter saw if the saw has sliding features.
Step #2: Test The Saw
Now take a small piece of wood to test the saw. If it’s running well and cuts accurately, then you are fine at going towards the next level.
Step #3: Mark The Cutting Area
Place the main workpiece on the table. Take a pencil or marker and draw the cutting area over the workpiece. It would be useful in getting a decent cut.
Step #4: Set The Saw In Vertical Position
Now, take the main workpiece close to the saw and set the saw in a vertical position. The vertical position is the best position for successfully and comfortably making cuts.
Step #5: Adjust The Workpiece With Saw
Set the main workpiece with the saw. Make sure that the line you have drawn over the workpiece is perfectly set below the saw blade.
Step #6: Start The Saw
Turn on the machine and start cutting the board. Take time when you operate the saw for the first time. Taking time while you cut the main workpiece will help you to monitor the circumstances and predict any issues before they happen.
Step #7: Smooth The Rough Edges
Use sandpaper to smooth the rough edges of the cutting piece.
Benefits of double bevel compound miter saw
- When you deal with a miter saw, you don’t need to focus on the placement and the position of the saw. You just need to focus more on the process of cutting.
- If you want to complete your project comfortably, then a double bevel compound miter saw is the best option for you. Moreover, you can easily control the saw and you don’t need to tilt the workpiece.
- Double bevel compound miter saw is manufactured with tilting features that allow it to rearrange the pieces of wood to produce equal pieces of bevels.
Drawbacks of double bevel compound miter saw
- You have to spend a healthy amount of money if you want to purchase a miter saw. However, if you have enough money to spend on a miter saw, the investment is worth it entirely.
- If you want a portable one, then it’s not a suitable one for you. Because the weight of the miter saw is relatively more than the other saw.
A double bevel compound miter saw is a powerful tool and because of that, you need to be more careful when you operate the saw. A simple mistake can cause serious damage.
Let’s have a look at the safety measures that you need to take before operating the saw.
- You must wear protective clothes so that the danger quotient can be reduced.
- Go through the owner’s manual carefully to make a good understanding of the safety measures.
- Before making any kind of assessment or modification, please ensure that the power of the saw is turned off.
I think, now you have an accurate knowledge about the double bevel compound miter saw. You know it’s a powerful tool and without precise knowledge about the tool can be dangerous for you.
Hopefully, from this article, you got a clear idea of what is a double bevel compound miter saw.
Now It’s time to make your decision. Purchase a new one and enjoy cutting!